Facebook made an announcement mid-last week that business pages will be getting a makeover that will be forced on all pages on March 28th. We’ve been keeping a watchful eye on developments with this roll out and we’ve collected all the relevant information you need to know to prepare you for the switch.
What’s it look like?
- Streamlined design
- Tabs have moved and app settings are different
- All newsfeed content appears on right side of page
- Easier access to admin tools
- New ways to keep an eye on your competition
When is it happening?
- Beta versions are coming out now. You may be prompted to switch or to sign up for the waitlist.
- According to Facebook, the official change will happen globally on March 28th.
- More attractive layout
- Important stuff stays on the top of the page (contact info, etc)
- One column for updates makes it easier to identify posts in chronological order
- You can add competitor pages to keep an eye on to “People to Watch” and see how you’re stacking up against the competition
What do I need to know?
- You will need to audit your page after the switch to make sure everything you want to display is being displayed
- Check your business information
- If you had apps on your page but don’t see them anymore, go to settings –> apps and click on app settings to view a list of all apps. Click “Edit Settings” – if your app says “Available” you can click “Add” to publish it to your page.