In this article, I will list the elements of a successful, lead converting About Me page that will increase the page's conversion rate.
- Hook your prospects with an enticing introduction
- Inspire prospects by telling your real estate story
- Persuade leads with your profile and experience
- Support the lead's decision to hire you with testimonials
- Compel leads to action
If you analyze the data on your website, there's a good chance your About Me page is one of the top 5 most visited pages on your website. I've visited so many poorly constructed About Me pages that I felt compelled to write a blog article about it. If your About Me page receives views but no clicks, form fills, or any other engagement - it's time to revamp and optimize it for conversions.
1. Hook your prospects with an enticing introduction
The introduction to your About Me page is the hook and explains the challenging state of your local real estate market. Paint a picture using 3-5 lines of common challenges buyers or sellers experience and how you will resolve it. The goal of this paragraph is to enhance your value by showing leads that you're in a challenging market but you're passion for building relationships and solving problems will make the process enjoyable.
2. Inspire prospects by telling your real estate story
Your leads will want to know what motivates you to be an agent. Sharing your motivations for becoming a real estate agent will show your values and passions - these are generally inspirational stories! What motivated you to get into real estate? Did your sibling or friend have a bad experience with an agent? Do you want to help people live the American Dream? Let your leads know and motivate them to hire you!
3. Persuade leads with your profile and experience
You should include your headshot and social media links in this section:
- Education: List the schools, colleges, universities, certification courses, and academic classes you've graduated from.
- Experience: List your full work experience with the dates you were employed. Relevant hobbies are not mutually exclusive with experience and should be included in this section.
- Awards: List your awards, accolades, milestones, and other accomplishments. Make sure you include the organization that issued it and the date you received it.
- Skills: List your relevant and technical skills that contribute to your success as a real estate agent. Are you a master with Google apps? A master negotiator? Do you have proficient social media skills? Are you an awesome photographer who is also a wizard at Photoshop? Let your leads know about skills!
4. Support the lead's decision to hire you with testimonials
Include testimonials where they're appropriate and add value. Testimonials can support a lead's decision to hire you since they reconfirm the lead's positive perception of you. Including a testimonial after the Profile & Expertise section will give the lead assurance that you're the ideal candidate to hire and nudge them towards your designed action.
5. Compel leads to action
"Let's Chat!" - All of the information on this page is laid out to compel readers to perform the call to action. The desired action is for the lead to contact you for an appointment - that converts them into a client. Include a button that links to a form or just add the form after the Testimonials section.
Your About Me page is one of the most important pages on your website. As one of the most visited pages, it has the power to attract, inform, and convert traffic into leads. If your About Me page receives a lot of attention, you need to give it a lot of attention too. Optimize your About Me page by following these steps - and start generating more inquiries and appointments today!